BigARTM v0.7.3 Release notes¶
BigARTM v0.7.3 releases the following changes:
- New command line tool for BigARTM
- Support for classification in bigartm CLI
- Support for asynchronous processing of batches
- Improvements in coherence regularizer and coherence score
- New TopicMass score for phi matrix
- Support for documents markup
- New API for importing batches through memory
New command line tool for BigARTM¶
New CLI is named
bigrtm.exe on Windows),
and it supersedes previous CLI named
New CLI has the following features:
- Parse collection in one of the 1. Loading Data: BatchVectorizer and Dictionary
- Load dictionary
- Initialize a new model, or import previously created model
- Perform EM-iterations to fit the model
- Export predicted probabilities for all documents into CSV file
- Export model into a file
Support for classification in BigARTM CLI¶
BigARTM CLI is now able to perform classification.
The following example assumes that your batches have
target_class modality in addition to the default modality (
# Fit model bigartm.exe --use-batches <your batches> --use-modality @default_class,target_class --topics 50 --dictionary-min-df 10 --dictionary-max-df 25% --save-model model.bin # Apply model and output to text files bigartm.exe --use-batches <your batches> --use-modality @default_class,target_class --topics 50 --passes 0 --load-model model.bin --predict-class target_class --write-predictions pred.txt --write-class-predictions pred_class.txt --csv-separator=tab --score ClassPrecision
Support for asynchronous processing of batches¶
Asynchronous processing of batches enables applications to
overlap EM-iterations better utilize CPU resources.
The following chart shows CPU utilization of
with (left-hand side) and without async flag (right-hand side).
TopicMass score for phi matrix¶
Topic mass score calculates cumulated topic mass for each topic. This is a useful metric to monitor balance between topics.
Support for documents markup¶
Document markup provides topic distribution for each word in a document. Since BigARTM v0.7.3 it is posible to extract this information to use it. A potential application includes color-highlighted maps of the document, where every work is colored according to the most probable topic of the document.
In the code this feature is refered to as
It is possible to extract and regularizer
In future versions it will be also possible to calculate scores based on
New API for importing batches through memory¶
New low-level APIs
allow to import batches from memory into BigARTM.
Those batches are saved in BigARTM, and can be used for batches processing.